hawke scopes

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
serpent71
.204 Ruger Guns: xr-100

hawke scopes

Post by serpent71 »

Anyone have or know anything about these scopes.
Shooterjon
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSFII

Re: hawke scopes

Post by Shooterjon »

Well I'm a SUCKER for a new scope! I just ordered the 6X24 Side focus for a 221 Fireball I am putting together.l will try to remember to keep you posted as soon as the Hawke scope is installed and I get a little range time.Should have a accurate idea of the ability of the new scope as I have upgraded the 221 Fireball with a Barrel shroud ,New DNZ base and ring and soon to be installed Hawke Scope.I at least have a point of origin before the upgrades and the new scope. :wall:
Shooterjon
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSFII

Post by Shooterjon »

Well I peered through the new hawke scope an thought the glass was clear enough to warrant buying ANOTHER ONE. Yes I now have 2,
Finally got to the range .The 221 Fireball with the New hawke 6-24 Varmint side focus will shoot a .843" group at 200 yds. A tad bit better than the old Leupold that was on it BUT I also upgraded the scope mounts to DNZ Game Reaper ,seems to be a winning combo,old group with the Leoupold bases and scope was 1.25" at 200 yds.
The second Hawke scope was Installed on my rem. 700 in 243. Old scope and bases got me .423" at 100 yds. new Hawke 6-24 Varminter scope with the DNZ mounts got me a 4 shot group of .234" at 100 yds.
YEP I am a happy camper the Hawke scopes are bright ,Clear and hold point of aim dead on.Got to say I really enjoy the side focus,
I will probably buy 1 more of the 6X24 Varminter scopes for the 222. :D
serpent71
.204 Ruger Guns: xr-100

Post by serpent71 »

i got one just have to put it on the rifle. then ill let you guys know how it worked.