Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Malazan
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper .204

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44

Post by Malazan »

Anyone have experience with these scopes?

I really want to like this scope :)

It seems to have all the bells and whistles I'm looking for, only the price scares me :(

You know the saying, "You get what you pay for"

How can they only charge 400.00 when other scopes of the same type, go for 1000.00?

Help :(
Last edited by Malazan on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
kyyotestalker
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Re: Vortex Viper 6-20x44

Post by kyyotestalker »

i have had a 6.5-20x44 with target dot retical for about 5 month's now, have it mounted on my varmint and target rifle a rem 700 sps-v in a sps tactical stock chambered in 204 ruger! in my opinion this scope is a great buy it has great glass, very repeatable tracking on turrets, and nice side focus with good fit and finish to the scope! the only draw back is that the field of view is alittle smaller than on other scopes but still very useable! as a testimate of the repeatability on saturday i went target shooting at my grandmothers farm with the family (christmas tradition) we had milk jugs of water at 350 and 525 yards and a sight in target at 100 yards, i checked zero at 100 then using my chart went to 350 hit then back to 100 then to 525 first shot missed left due to bad wind call adjusted 2 moa for proper wind call and hit and back to 100 without a single glitch in the adjustments!
Where did that hit? I dont know aim alittle higher!
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

I really like mine. I was on it for several hours a day while prairie doggin it. Constantly going from 6 power to locate to 20 power to make the shot. I will be getting another one for the next trip for another rifle. They have an unconditional guarantee. Good glass for the money.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

I have two.One with the dot and the other with the BDC reticle.Shot them on PDs last may and the dot(.192) was pefect size for target and PDs.The BDC is not as obtrusive as most reticles of that type.The company stands behind the products.The real deal was this past summer when the were available for $259.They now make first focal plane scopes 6.5-24X50,higher priced.