anybody try the Barska scopes

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

anybody try the Barska scopes

Post by Valar »

I found a deal on the Barska 4x16x50 sniper scope. Mil dot with green alluminated in low light. Target turrets etc. Has anyone tried one of these? Awfull cheap at 100.00 bucks. I was wondering if the hold zero? I doubt it but if you have insight please let me know. Thanks Kent
kyyotestalker
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Re: anybody try the Barska scopes

Post by kyyotestalker »

i got a 4-16x50 a few years back when it was called the blackhawk by barska (they change the name ever so often to make it look like its a diffrent scope) this thing is the biggest piece of junk i have ever seen and i use alot of 25-80 dollar optics, i got the first one in the mail and when i looked through it there was a piece of a seal or something+ blocking out the cross hairs sent it back and got the second one and it will not hold zero even on a .22! you can lock it down in a vise and tap the side of the scope and watch the cross hairs move with each tap! the adjustments are hit and miss with 99% of these scopes! i will never put money on any optic made by barska! do a search over on the snipershide.com or snipercentral.com and you will find out what people think of these that do alot of shooting!
Where did that hit? I dont know aim alittle higher!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: anybody try the Barska scopes

Post by Valar »

Thank you for the feed back. That is what I figured! Much appreciated. I will stick with Nikon and leupold for now.