Leupold problems!!

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
bigdog_99
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 Ruger M77 VT

Leupold problems!!

Post by bigdog_99 »

Hi guys, I am having problems with my VX-L. Recently i have been sighting it in every 10 to 15 shots in my .223. Each time i put it on a target its either shooting at least 3 or 4 inches to the left or right???? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BIGDOG :wall:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Leupold problems!!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Call their Technical Services Dept. 503-526-1427 and get the right answer the first time. Every one of their scopes is tested prior to leaving the factory, but once in a while.......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Re: Leupold problems!!

Post by Critter »

My experience with Leupold service is that after a few weeks you will get your scope back with a letter saying that there is nothing wrong with it.

Now at first blush, you may find this answer inadequate. However, chances are that there is in fact nothing wrong with your scope. Generally, I've found that most scope problems are associated with one phase or another of the mounting, such as base misalignment that uses up the available adjustment, or other. You may even need to have your receiver redrilled or barrel remounted for concentricity, etc. In this modern world, I would look to the rifle and/or mounting system, rather than the scope.

Before you use up a lot of time and expense have your mounting checked by a knowledgeable gun smith, or try another scope if you have one available. Leupold service, etc is somewhat limited in that they can only look for problems with the scope and not the overall system.