Warne Ring Alignment Question

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Windygap
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Warne Ring Alignment Question

Post by Windygap »

I've been thinking about getting the Warne Maxima rings, but are there any alignment issues with that top-to-bottom split design? I can see how a design like the Leupold PRW would be easy to get aligned, but how does it work with the verticle split rings? Thanks for the help, I'm trying to figure out if I want to go that route.
22/250
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Warne Ring Alignment Question

Post by 22/250 »

Windygap wrote:I've been thinking about getting the Warne Maxima rings, but are there any alignment issues with that top-to-bottom split design? I can see how a design like the Leupold PRW would be easy to get aligned, but how does it work with the verticle split rings? Thanks for the help, I'm trying to figure out if I want to go that route.
hi there i had a set of quick release rings on my winchester stealth and then on my rpa. and well they do hold zero i allways had that niggle in my mind about them being split rings. i go ta set of the tps rings in the end.

and now im very happy with them there superbly built and just got that improved fell over the warne rings.

atb jamie