Nikon Coyote Special

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Nikon Coyote Special

Post by sniper model 12 »

Though this topic has been brought up before without reply, I am looking at getting one of these fairly new on market scopes.

It will top a Savage 10XP Predator in .243 win (replace the Simmons that comes with the package). I'm looking at the 4.5-14x40mm.

I've read some reviews that say it's difficult to sight in @ 100yds since there is no "cross" in the circles. The recticle concept is cool, but I do see an issue with finding that near perfect hole. :chin: :cry: Once sighted in it would be a matter of not moving the turrets :!:

Any opinions or experiences would be most helpful as the rifle will arrive this Wednesday and I haven't hunted coyote since spring of last year! :eek:

Thanks to all,

Eric
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
FireBallGuy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger

Re: Nikon Coyote Special

Post by FireBallGuy »

personally I would not bother with the nikon! Although I am a HUGE fan of thier products, that is the most ridiculous arrangement for a reticle especially on a predator rifle. Get yourself the buckmaster 6-18X40SF with a milldot and live happily ever after! I am a firm believer that thee is no substitute for a properly sighted in rifle. None of my guns are more radical reticle wise than a milldot, just don't need it IMHO.
Remington Model 700 SPS 17 Remington Fireball Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40SF, Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO, Savage Model 12 FVSS .22-250 Remington Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO
Ahab
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender Hvy. barrel, Savage 112

Re: Nikon Coyote Special

Post by Ahab »

I sighted mine in at 200 yrds and don't have any problem with the reticle. :D
NRA Endowment
Arizona Antelope Foundation
Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society