Leupold customer service

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Sagebrush Burns
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision Varminter

Leupold customer service

Post by Sagebrush Burns »

Two weeks ago I sent two older Vari-X III rifle scopes back to Leupold to get new reticles installed. One was a 6 1/2-20 and the other was a 4 1/2-14. I wanted the varmint hunter reticles in them. Cost $110 per scope including return shipping. I got the scopes back today with the work completed and they are perfect. Two weeks from when I sent them to when I got them back. That turn around time is more than impressive to me. To the range tomorrow to re-zero and hopefully some prairie dog shooting soon after...
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: Leupold customer service

Post by Jim White »

Thats one of the (many) beauties of the Leupold line. If it fits, they will put it in, even on the older models and they have more flavors than Baskin-Robbins.

Jim
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

I'm a big fan but for me it's hard not to be. I have good friend who works there, the plant is only 10 miles from my house, I own a bunch of their stuff and I'm not only impressed with their customer service but of their quality as well. Gary
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

I sent a rifle scope once to Leupold (VX-3 in 3 x 9) It was damaged in a vehicile accident my PH and I just happened to be involved in, while in Africa. The tube of the scope was bent badly and the adj knob on the side was no longer there.

I called Leupold and told them what happened when I got back from the trip, I also sent another Leupold scope my wife had on her .270 Winchester. The finish on it was crinkeling up (orange peel) and she wanted it to be fixed. Leupold sent us 2 brand new rifle scopes at NO Charge!!! I was a happy camper to say the least. Customer service at Leupold is top shelf. I hope Bushnell's customer service can match that of Leupold. :)
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Post by Critter »

I bought my last Leupold about 15 years ago. Mounted the scope, a 30mm tube variable, on my rebarreled Mark V in .338 Dakota. It seemed to move its zero on occasion for no apparent reason. I took it back to the FFL whence it came and asked him to have it checked.

It came back after a month or so with a note saying that there was nothing wrong with it. I traded it to a professional knife maker for some knives that I didn't need and bought another brand which seems to work perfect.

Over the preceding 20 years, I had purchased maybe 20 Leupolds. Everything they made from VX-2s to Mark 4s. However, nothing since.

Funny that one aw-sh*t can ruin 20 years of atta-boys. I read later that they found an alledged design flaw in that model of scope, but when I sent mine in, they hadn't detected it yet. But instead of Leupold, I now have US Optics, Leica, the very elegant Unertl small game and target scopes, and others but no further Leupolds. (Of course, your experience may vary.)

I am sure that if the scope had a bent tube which they could have detected and that had been caused wholly by my own fault or accident they would have sent me a new one too. But a design flaw which they couldn't recognize at the time didn't warrant that kind of review until it became a larger concern.

On the positive side, I am pleased to note that after years of loosing business to Swaro, Zeiss, S&B and others who have been very happy to provide high resolution optics with wide travel and like measuring systems (eg MIL/MIL) Leupold is building the 34mm VX-7 and other scopes which appear to have world class optics and other new features. They of course still need to provide scopes for that best scope under $300 crowd which the Chinese do very well in. (I recently saw 30mm tactical rings at the FFL for under $10.00 for example.)

VX-7 Leupold

The Competition: