Weaver

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
nate44

Weaver

Post by nate44 »

Just bought a savage mod. 25 in .204
I go out west once a yr. to shoot PD's
I have a weaver scope on my .22 and loce it. It is a very clear scope.
Looking to buy a scope for to range of 350-400 yards. Anyone have one of the bigger Weaver scopes?
How do you like it?
Anyone like the Mod 25?

thanks

Nate
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Weaver

Post by glenn asher »

I have a V-24, it's "okay" but I'd buy a Grand Slam if I were buying Weaver again. I also have a KT-15 that is twice the scope a V-24 is, IMHO.

For the same amount of money, I'd buy a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18SF, and be happier, which is exactly what I ended up doing.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
doug
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 25

Re: Weaver

Post by doug »

Nate44 I just recently purchased a SAVAGE M 25 also. Had to send the first scope back & im waiting for the new scope to come in this week. I purchased a BUSHNELL ELITE 3200 5X15X40 from BRUNO'S SHOOTING SUPPLY. I"ve only shot the rifle 6 times before i sent the other scope back to start the barrel break in process. I decided to skip this process and just shoot the thing!! Im going to be handloading SIERRAS 32gr & 39gr. Right now im gonna run through a couple boxes of factory loads to sight in scope & get a feel for the rifle.This is my first go at a small caliber rifle & i wanted to start with the M25 to see if im gonna like this game!!!!! Personally i like the M25. Mine is the thumbhole stock model. Let me no how you are making out with yours. Thanks Doug.