Burris?

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Burris?

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

What are your guys opinions on Burris scopes? I just got a signature 8x32x44 and It seems a little dim to me...
K22

Re: Burris?

Post by K22 »

I've always liked the Burris scopes, but that was back in the 80's. I'm not sure their quality is what it used to be. In scopes the size you're talking, I prefer the Bushnell 4200 series and this coming from a Leupold/Burris diehard. :roll: Aging eyes play a considerable large roll in my selections now.

K22
WYLDRUCKUS
.204 Ruger Guns: REMINGTON VTR

Post by WYLDRUCKUS »

I just bought a Burris Fullfield II 4.5x14x42 tactical for my Remington VTR. I have never owned a tactical scope before so this is :new: for me. It seems really clear and bright to me and I like it alot.
HUNT HARD. SHOOT STRAIGHT. KILL CLEAN, AND APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE!
jwc41
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15 clone

Post by jwc41 »

I put a Signature 6-24 with a peep reticle on a Ruger 77V in 220 Swift more than 25 years ago. I liked the glass, but never cared for the turret placement which limited mounting options on other guns. Hence I stayed away from Burris until they redesigned the tubes a few years ago and I got a good deal on a 4.5-14 FFII w/ Ballistic Plex reticle. I liked it, so I soon added two 6.5-20 FFII's (one normal and one tactical, w/ Ballistic Mil Dot reticles) and a 3-9 FFII w/ BP. The tactical FFII is made here, but the other FFIIs are made in Asia. I can tell no difference in optical quality.

I'm haven't gone exclusive; I also have several each of various Leupolds, Kahles, USA-made Redfields and Zeiss (US and German) scopes, all with different reticles and cams. However, I think the Burris optical quality and the BP reticle make their scopes today a great value for the money.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Is your scope one of the daylight/twilight scopes? There is a ring to move to swap between the two.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

No.1: Some time ago I asked my buddies at the Leupold factory what US made scope they considered "very good", besides their own scopes of course. The unanimous answer was "Burris". So if these guys feel that way, I'd say you could get into a Burris with complete confidence and have no regrets.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

jwc41
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15 clone

Post by jwc41 »

Is your scope one of the daylight/twilight scopes? There is a ring to move to swap between the two.
Yes, my old Burris has the daylight/twilight iris. I called Burris Customer Service to arrange a new reticle and the tech talked me out of it, saying the peep reticle would be destroyed and they don't make 'em any more.