Optic Zone

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
jwc41
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15 clone

Re: Optic Zone

Post by jwc41 »

I've purchased several scopes from them over the years, without difficulty. They also went the extra mile to get me sun shades that weren't available anywhere else.
birddog
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Varmint Extreme ordered: expected in Sep/Oct 2008

Post by birddog »

One little tid bit I learned today. The Optic Zone recently had to move to minimum advertised pricing on some of their scopes (Zeiss for sure). So, when you check their web site, their pricing will look like everyone elses for certain manufacturers. However, if you email them or call them and ask for their best price, you'll get a better price. Saved me some decent money on a Zeiss I ordered today.

birddog
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Post by Vartarg »

I placed an order last Monday night via the internet. The scope was shipped Tuesday, and I had it by UPS on Friday afternoon. It's a Bushnell 6500 2.5X16X50.....and it's a great scope.....bright and clear as can be. I'll buy from them again. George
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
rayfromtx

Post by rayfromtx »

I ordered my third Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 from cameralandny.com. The price rose to 675 including shipping from the 650 I paid before. I ordered on wednesday morning and it arrived in TX on friday morning. Doug is the man.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

rayfromtx wrote:I ordered my third Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 from cameralandny.com. The price rose to 675 including shipping from the 650 I paid before. I ordered on wednesday morning and it arrived in TX on friday morning. Doug is the man.
I met Doug at the NRA Convention a couple of weeks ago, and we visited quite a bit. Heckuva nice guy, I'll say that for him. Gave me a free Cameraland hat, too :mrgreen: He was holding down the Pentax fort, and doing a good job.

That said, Jon Jackoviac, at The Optic Zone, is also a very good guy, and I didn't even get a free hat from him, just outstanding service.

We're really lucky to get the good service from most places, that we do, it's not like that in most other businesses. The firearms industry is made up of some very nice people.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
southernfairy
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako .75, Krieger barrel, MCM A5.

Post by southernfairy »

Hey guys,

I am going to put a conquest 6.5-20x50 on my Cooper when it eventually arrives. I live in the UK but am out in the states for work again in a month. Where do you reckon the best place to get one of these is and what should i be paying? I see someone mentions $675 for one, the cheapest i can find them from Optics zone and camerlandny is $1000, can you really get them that cheap?? Many thanks in advance for any answers.
rayfromtx

Post by rayfromtx »

Cameraland sells demo models with full factory warranties and you can't tell they didn't come straight from the factory. Price is 675 including shipping. I have purchased three of them from Doug. Arnold Jewell put one on his backup benchrest gun so he could see his bullet holes at 200 through the mirage. Last weekend at the club match, he came in last place at 100 with his go to gun with the big luepy on it. At 200 yards he switched to the backup gun with the zeiss from cameraland and soundly whipped us all for a first place finish at 200. I wish they made a higher power scope.
m239

Post by m239 »

+1

Another happy Optic Zone Aussie customer here - I've bought about 4 scopes and some other bits from them - Jon and Tammi are great to deal with - their service is very good and their prices are generally excellent.

Mark
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Post by Wrangler John »

They also sell all the major brand scope rings and bases at a discount. Scope accessories too. The best thing is, I have ordered on a morning and had a scope on the doorstep the next day! It's a mystery, except they have them drop shipped from a nearby warehouse. I always check them for the lowest prices and usually I'm not disappointed.

Some companies are in business and take service seriously.
cracker

Post by cracker »

After my first purchase with the optic zone, they are my go to porple for optics. I bought a gun from RIO and it was expected on a friday. I ordered my scope from the great people of the optic zone and told them my new toy was to arrive on friday. If a remember right I ordered the scope on a tuesday late afternoon. they knew I wanted the scope yesterday so she found a place close to me to have it shipped from and it was here at the door on Thursday.
GREAT PEOPLE + GREAT SERVICE + GREAT PRODUCTS = HAPPY CUSTOMERS
CRACKER
Sportingly
cracker