have seen the light

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
madracer

have seen the light

Post by madracer »

finaly saw the light and got a high power scope on my f class rifle to replace the fx3 12x40 i currently use. scope is a nxs 12x42 by 56

also ive always heard the saying about putting a good scope on a cheap rifle is better than a cheap scope on a good rifle, so whats the extreme version of this cause i just put a $3000 scope on a $300 rifle......... (the rifle does put 10 shots under a inch at 200yds tho)

possibly i may take this scope off this rifle and stick it on my xr100 because its the best scope ive ever looked through, and because im in nz its only the second nightforce ive ever seen.
Hawkeye Joe

Re: have seen the light

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Nice looking setup. Make sure you put that NightForce on the gun you shoot most. I have a BR 12-42x56 with NP2DD reticle and love it. It's the favorite in my safe with my Leupold Competition in second. I have it on my HDR now till my Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30 arrives,Then it's back to the 6.5. It can take it's time though, I kinda like the NF where it's at. My F-class 6.5/284 is scopeless till I make a move or the new Bushy hits the market. What reticle did you get and how long was the wait :mrgreen: ??
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

madracer

Post by madracer »

i got it from sinclair so i picked the NP R2, and after a little messing around it arrived in just over 3 weeks. ive got a new f class rifle coming for it too go on but thought id put it on my old one for now so i can use it, even tho our season has just finished.
Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

I bought the NF 5.5x22x56 for my new Les Baer AR-15 in .204 and it is a near perfect combo. Field of view is great and the optics are really nice, and I love the reticle for range estimation. Here's a pic of me with the rifle on our lease. I'm in the woods getting ready to pop out at the edge of a long field hoping for the chance at a whistle pig at the far end. We ended up plinking at rocks out at 175+ yards and busting every one. Sure is lots of fun!

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Super91 ,I have the same setup in .223. I kinda like my NF on my Baer also. It's a sweet combo!!! We took second place in a 300 yard prone match today. I had a 40 round score of 397(400 being perfect) and 20 in the X ring :D .
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

Wow Mike, now that IS some shooting right there! When I was doing some research as to what rifle I was going to go with, I read what you had said about yours and it helped me make up my mind what I was going to buy. LBC's get great reviews the web over. I am 100% satisfied with mine. Me and a bud bought one at the same time and got consecutively serial numbers gun in the same caliber. So far I've not competed with mine yet, as I just got it broken in the other day. But it is shooting great, and I've had a blast plinking in the field. Now if I can find some bullets to reload, I will be set. Seems there is a great shortage right now. I have a couple hundred 39 grain Blitzkings, and maybe 450 32 grainers. I want to reload some 40 grain Noslers, but they don't seem to be on any of the local shelves, and on-line dealers seem to be out of stock at most places I've looked.