rings and base

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
sicily187
.204 Ruger Guns: none

rings and base

Post by sicily187 »

Hi I am new here I just got a Savage 12FV in .204 and a Mueller Tac II Mildot 3-10X44. Now I need rings and a base. I heard a one piece is the best. Any advice would be a big help thanks
love2shoot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

Re: rings and base

Post by love2shoot »

I have no experience with them but I've heard good things about them http://www.dednutz.com/
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: rings and base

Post by Rick in Oregon »

sicily: A two piece base will give you more room around the loading port. A Dual Dovetail two-piece base will always stay in place, reduce a bit of weight (don't know your intended use of the rifle). Stay away from the one-piece windage bases with the two large screws at the rear ring. These screws will eventually come loose, and if you use them for windage adjustments, will put unnecessary torque on the scope tube, as the front ring is very tight in the base and will not pivot easily. This could damage the scope's internals.

You could go with Burris Z-Rings with their well designed inserts and any other makers bases and get a very secure, sanitary installation with a fair degree of adjustment latitude to center the scope in it's optical center in relation to the bore.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails