BR Pivot shooting bench

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

BR Pivot shooting bench

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Rick, I was watching the Guns and Ammo show today and they show cased the Caldwell Pivot shooting bench. The top looked a little different than I remember yours, possibly a little longer where the rifle sits. They did not give a price. Do you know when they will be shipping them and how much they will cost?
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: BR Pivot shooting bench

Post by Rick in Oregon »

sidewinderwa: I called those guys this morning, but my contact was not in the office, so left a voice mail for him. Based on what I know now, I think they plan to launch their new bench at the SHOT Show in Vegas early in Feb, then ship product soon thereafter.

Take into consideration though, that this is based on information I was given a couple of months ago, so once I hear from them "officially", I'll update here. I'm told the new benches "will be less money" than my benches, and have two different bench top options; laminated wood like mine, and a blow-moulded plastic unit with grooves to prevent ammo from rolling off the top. You may know more about the design after seeing it on G&A, as I have not seen their new design yet.

Film at 11:00...... ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

I posted in another section, but I'll repeat here since it fits with the topic. I saw the same clip on G&A last night, so I called Midway today to inquire about the Caldwell "BR Pivot" bench. I spoke with a rep who told me that production was delayed and that she didn't know when the bench would be available. She also told me that she didn't know what the price would be.

I'm sure that Rick knows people that are much more "in the know" about this bench, so I'm looking forward to the response that he gets. BTW, Rick, the bench that was featured on the show had the laminated wood top and looked identical to the BR Pivot. I'm not sure what the plastic top will look like though.
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

The "suggested" retail price is listed at $600 when I looked it up from our distributor at work today. None were available. They only had the plastic top listed. Hopefully my store will carry the bench.
Please, no Sidewinder today!