Remington and Customer Service

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
K22

Remington and Customer Service

Post by K22 »

My bolts that were damaged by some bad Remington 7 1/2 primers are at Gre'-Tan's being fixed. Today I received a check from Remington for the total amount of the repairs by Gre'-Tan plus the shipping cost. Also, they are drop shipping a case of primers to me to replace the bad ones that I destroyed.

My faith in Remingtons Customer Service is restored and a big thank you to a Mrs/Miss Sandra Strickland for all of her kind help and keeping me informed. I plan on posting this on all of the forums I belong to. Maybe some of you can do the same.

On a side note: I soaked the primers in Quaker State oil for over a week. More like 2 weeks. When burning some trash in my burn barrel I dumped the jar of oil and primers in also. Guess what.............ever darn one of those 6000 plus primers detonated. :huh: I didn't think they would.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Re: Remington and Customer Service

Post by bow shot »

Oh man, I wish I was there for that. LOL!!!!!!
K22

Post by K22 »

bow shot wrote:Oh man, I wish I was there for that. LOL!!!!!!
:D
I briefly thought about fishing them back out of the fire but...................... :lol:
btlbrn
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100

Post by btlbrn »

Can you tell us more about your problem primers, please? Did Remington accept responsibility for bad primers? Lot #s :huh:
T I A
Steve
shooting fishing camping did I mention shooting??
Steve
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

Good work by Big Green! What were the details of the problems you had???
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
K22

Post by K22 »

The primers were the old 2 anvil models that they changed to 3 anvil after 1995. The 2 anvil primers would sometimes blow out the side of the primer which in turn would flame cut the face of the bolt leaving a nice little crater.
Remington knew of the problem, but never did a recall, why, I don't know. And of course with no shelf life on primers they sort of left themselves open for problems until all of those primers are either destroyed or used up.
They made good on the primers and paid to have my three bolts repaired.

There is/was no particular lot # as all of the small rifle match primers made between the 1970's thru 1995 were the 2 anvil models.

After I started using the 3 anvil primers my groups became very consistent and accuracy improved.

This is not a heavy barrel target model. This rifle weighs 6lbs. 5oz. completely ready to hunt. The groups kind of reflect the sporter barrel light weight rifle.