V-max/Vamageddon comparison

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

V-max/Vamageddon comparison

Post by Bill K »

Any one been able to compare these two yet ? I have shot the tipped V and z-Max's, but have not recieved any of the tipped Varmageddon yet to compare. I have shot the HP's and they shot right alongwith the simular HP's of others. I think, when Hornady drops the z-max then Noslers will remain around and therefore I hope they shot right along with the others. (make sense?) Anyway that is what I feel will occur. The z-max, at the price they area selling, will be gone. Nosler's will be around and I hope will they keep the price down on that version. Bill K :)
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Re: V-max/Vamageddon comparison

Post by Darkker »

Compared the HP varmageddon's to the the V-max in 243.
Honestly I can't really tell the difference, outside of price.
The coyotes I've shot with both, blew-up with an equal amount of carnage.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Shot squeaks with both V-max and Varmageddon in the 40 grainers, very comparable in performance. When time comes to buy bullets I will buy whichever is cheaper.
K = ½mv2
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Bodei wrote:Shot squeaks with both V-max and Varmageddon in the 40 grainers, very comparable in performance. When time comes to buy bullets I will buy whichever is cheaper.
That is my situation.. Retired, old and on fixed income. So I look for the best buy, but good bullets, to shoot, as I do shoot plenty of ammo. So far the z-max and I hope the Varmageddon tipped (I have only been able to get the HP's, so far) work well and the price is better than the v-max and other Nosler BT's, etc. As long as I can get the accuracy I want and keep the price down, it is a good thing. :D Bill K :)