Primers - The REAL Story

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Primers - The REAL Story

Post by Rick in Oregon »

We've all been wondering about the primer shortage. Here's the scoop from Bill Gravett, principal at Sinclair:

http://blog.sinclairintl.com:80/2009/05 ... ability-2/

It appears it's starting to loosen up now according to two industry friends and wifey who buys this stuff daily. Now let's just hope the political aspect of this mess does not complicate things further........ :mad:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Re: Primers - The REAL Story

Post by bullfrog »

Hope you are right that things are starting to loosen up a little. Being new to reloading I definately wasn't prepared for the shortage.
The silver lining I see in this whole mess is that there are obviously enough reloaders, shooters, and hunters to cause such a shortage. This tells us our sport is strong and vibrant and with the help of the NRA we should feel able and willing to stand up for our gun and reloading rights. As soon as Obama finishes ruining our healthcare, he'll likely be headed for our guns next.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Re: Primers - The REAL Story

Post by kenbrofox »

Rick, i don't know why but there is not a shortage of primers over here. Perhaps it's because we don't need to buy as many as you guys. :huh:
' Pay it forward buddy '