? Tubbs Final Finish Bore Polishing System ?

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
RLKondo
.204 Ruger Guns: NEF 204

? Tubbs Final Finish Bore Polishing System ?

Post by RLKondo »

Hey Guys,

I have been hanging around the forum for about a year now and appreciate the wealth of knowledge and attitude of everyone on the forum. I have hunted since I was young, but now that I have graduate from college and have a "real" job I finally have some money to feed my passion.

I'm just getting ready to start reloading, I ordered a Lee aniversay kit last week, and am looking into everything else I need.

While looking on the Cabelas site I found the "Tubbs Final Finish Bore Polishing System", this is the first I have seen of something like this. Do any of you have experience with this product or something of this sort? The reviews on the site were all very positive, and claimed they improved accuracy.

Thanks

Here is the link if anyone cares to look.
(http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: ? Tubbs Final Finish Bore Polishing System ?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ross: This a new version of the Neco Fire Lapping System, that's been available for about ten years now. As Tubbs is a world-class shooter, he's brought out his own version of it, and by use, it polishes up a rough bore to remove micro machining burrs. It is primarily intended for factory barrels, as is the Neco system, and not for hand-lapped custom moly or stainless barrels, which are good to go right from their makers.

You can do about the same thing with a worn out bronze brush wrapped with some cotten patches, soaked with solvent such as Shooters Choice and JB Paste. Run about 100 passes through a factory barrel, keeping the brush wet with JB and SC and finely lap the bore. It will not hurt the rifling, and really get out the copper, carbon, and smoothes out a less than ideal bore.

When performing any lapping operation, you don't want the brush to fully exit the muzzle, just let it peek out, and return for the opposite stroke.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

I tried the Tubbs FF on a new Remington take-off bbl I put on a 22-250. This was as a last resort, after having the gun bedded, crown recut, a lot of loads shot, and the Final Finish didn't do a bit of good......for me. Save your money, and try Rick's method.
ImageImage
xr10065669
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Mark II .204

Post by xr10065669 »

I am with Keith From Ga.. I ran the Tubbs Final Finish bullets through my Savage 22-250 LRPV and wasn't too impressed. What sold me on the product was suppose to decreased the time to clean your barrel while improving accuracy, but I havent seen any of that yet.. I didnt use the tubbs bullets in my .204 Savage LRPV, bought at the same time, and it has just as much fouling as the 22-250 barrel that I used the tubbs bullets on.. I would not recommend buying them because I havent seen all of the other results they promise on the box. Go with Rick's method.
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Post by the_right_reverend »

Ricks Method Image
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image