Ballistics software

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Orion2see
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Varminter

Ballistics software

Post by Orion2see »

I am considering purchasing either the Sierra or Hornady ballistics software, as I think that information would be useful from time to time. Anyone have any reccomendations on which program is better or perhaps other similar programs?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Ballistics software

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Orion: I posted this exact same question almost a year ago here. The consensus was that the best out there is Quick-Load, but spendy, and actually has more features than I'd ever need or use. I had the older RCBS.Load, but it was on the 3.5" floppy format....dead now, so it was time to replace.

I ended up getting the Sierra Infinity software, as it includes the .20 cals. I don't have any experience with the Hornady, so can't be objective there, but so far, the Sierra Infinity 6.0 has done everything I've asked of it, and has more I haven't even cracked yet. Very good program, easy to use, and tons of good info.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Orion2see
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Varminter

Re: Ballistics software

Post by Orion2see »

Thanks Rick,

I was going to ask if Infinity has .20 cal info, but you answered that. I think it would be worth the price of admission just to have for future load development for the .20 and other cals as well.