reloading organization

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
iceboxdan
.204 Ruger Guns: savage fv 12 d-tech ar 204

reloading organization

Post by iceboxdan »

i am moving all of my reloading stuff and i am looking for a better way than i had it. i would like to see how you guys have your reloading bench set up .
thanks
icebox
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Re: reloading organization

Post by Bunnybuster »

I can't post a picture, but here is what I have for the bench, and how it is set up.

I have various groups of tools set up on pieces of 3/4-inch plywood, that attach to the bench with bolts that screw into threaded inserts in the bench. This makes them solid, but easily moved on and off the bench as I need them. I have one with the case trimmer mounted to it, it has holes to keep the extra guides, and cutters in, and a hole to hold the allen key I need to change the pilots. There is one that has the powder charger and scale on it.

These are the light duty stations. They are all 14X20-inches, and the four holes that they bolt to the bench are all in the same place, so they readily are mounted to the bench. I cut six of the plywood plates at the same time, and clamped them together to drill the holes to be sure they would all be lined up. I'm not sure what I will do with the spare plates, but they would be a good place to mount up a fly tyeing vise. Or, possibly build a gun vise for cleaning, and light gun smithing.

The top shelf above the bench is 15-inches deep, so it is pretty easy to store the plates up there out of the way. Below that there are two cabinets with doors, with an open shelf in between them. This is where I store boxes of loaded ammo, reloading dies, and components. The open shelf holds the reloading manuals, and measuring tools.

The presses are mounted on plates that are made of 2 or 3 peices of 3/4-inch plywood glued together into plates that are 9X14-inches. They mount to the bench with half inch bolts, that go through the top to screw into a 1/2-inch steel plate with four threaded holes in it, that is attached to the bottom of the bench. I have two presses mounted up and can switch back and forth between them on the bench pretty quick. Right now which ever one isn't mounted to the bench, is lying on the floor underneath. I plan to build a drawer of some kind this winter to keep it in.
happy shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 11 / ruger target gray

Post by happy shooter »

This is my set up, bench top is 10 ft. long made of (2) 2''x 12'' pine covered with laminated flooring (looks good & is very durable ) 2 - 16''x 30'' base cabinets with shelves in between them. back wall is white peg board with 2 wall cabinets & shelves. I mounted a halogen light on the rafters. (not sure but I think floresent lights can mess with your scales?) I also mounted under the bench a wood workers vise. Trimer & other tools mounted to blocks of 2x4
to clamp into vise.

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Here's my organized mess. I have hole patterns in my bench top to mount all my tools with sheet metal screws.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

iceboxdan
.204 Ruger Guns: savage fv 12 d-tech ar 204

Post by iceboxdan »

thanks for the great pics guys they will help me alot to figure out how to set my bench up.
please if a few more will add pics of there bench i could use all the help i can get.
happy shooter that is a fine looking rifle you have there. what is the pistal?

thanks
icebox
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Dan: You probably don't want to emulate my setup, as it has morphed from "clean" to a packed disaster, but here's what my "man cave" or as my wife calls it, "the bunker" looked like about a year ago....even worse now. Warning; after being in the same house for over 20 years, the walls just seem to move in closer to the center of the room...... ;)

Another view....

Good luck with yours, let us see how it turns out when you're done.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails