Depriming problem.

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
jam1e
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ American s/c

Depriming problem.

Post by jam1e »

Hi folks.
I've got a problem with my Lee single stage reloading press. It's the "50th anniversary kit ram"
When i "de-prime" the cases, almost all of the de-primed primers fall to the wrong side of the ram.
I haven't moved any part of the ram at all. And it's how it came in the box.
As most of you will know, when looking from behind the press, (so the ram lever is nearest you) the right-hand side of the press has a long groove in it and a pin going through the ram for the priming tool to be attached.
The other side of the ram has a diaginal hole in it for the spent primers to fall through and then down the clear plastic tube which is attached to a square cup on the ram with an alluminium plate attached to one side.
I'm presuming the ram was put together correctly. However, 99% of the time the spent primer will fall to the right and directly onto the floor.
Now i can expect the odd one or 2 doing this, but it's totally round the other way!
I know i could just rotate the ram 180 degrees but that isn't how the ram is supposed to be. Is it??
Please can someone advise me as to whats wrong? :huh:
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Re: Depriming problem.

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

You'll need to put the little priming base (not sure of the proper term) in place.

This then acts as a slide to direct the spent primer to the hole.

Hope this helps
jam1e
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ American s/c

Re: Depriming problem.

Post by jam1e »

Apologies for the late reply.
Thanks! :)
Forgot to add that it works perfect now so thanks! :)