case trimmer

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
magnum
.204 Ruger Guns: none

case trimmer

Post by magnum »

looking for a case trimmer can,t seem to find 1 over here in the uk :wall: for my 204 brass whot do you recommend :?: IAN
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: case trimmer

Post by Bill K »

I use the RCBS hand/maunal case trimmer. Either that style or one made by Redding, should do the job. Easily adjusted and you purchase (some come with more than one pilot) the size pilot you need, for the neck diameter. I am sure they would have no problem shipping to you. Bill K :)
inKYfromSD
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 varmint .204, Cooper Model 21 20 VarTarg

Post by inKYfromSD »

I have a Lyman trimmer that I bought when I started reloading with my own equipment. Does an ok job. Comes with multiple pilots. Centering and holding the brass could be better.

I bought a Wilson trimmer a few years ago and really liked it. I bought two more used ones from "that online auction site". I keep one set up for .223, one for .204, and one that I use for multiple calibers. They are adjustable but the screw is a little coarse. I couldn't see spending the money on the micrometer. I have the power adapter on the one for .223. Using a small cordless screwdriver, it trims very quickly.

I grew up using a Forster trimmer. Well-made and does a good job.

Good luck in your search!
bigt73
.204 Ruger Guns: i own a .204 howa

Post by bigt73 »

i have the l.e wilson from reloading solutions.....

tony
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

FWIW, I've been using my Forester trimmer since the early 70's, still don't see a need to replace it with anything I've seen available lately. One of the many features I like about the Forester, is its ability to also do outside neck turning, neck reaming, hollow-pointing, and of course accurate, repeatable trimming.

Mine during a outside neck turning session:

Any new name-brand trimmer will serve you well, just check out the various features they offer before deciding. Research well, buy once.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

magnum
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by magnum »

Thanks lads got one on lone for the minute rcbs one will have look a bit harder IAN