Hornady z-max bullets

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Hornady z-max bullets

Post by ryutzy »

Does anyone know how the zmax bullets are different from the vmax bullets?? Other than the tip color they seem exactly like the vmax. Seems like a marketing ploy but maybe someone knows differently.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Hornady z-max bullets

Post by Bill K »

From what I read and see, that is about it.. However I did order 500 to try and compare.. Bill K :)
btlbrn
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100

Post by btlbrn »

Bill K wrote:From what I read and see, that is about it.. However I did order 500 to try and compare.. Bill K :)
Bill
Are you having trouble with those Cali. zombies?? I'll led Ed know to be careful in case they make it over the border...Merry x-mas to all :D
shooting fishing camping did I mention shooting??
Steve
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Steve.. Not a problem with any of them..... The jack rabbits and coyotes are taking a hit, up in the Ravendale area, however. Hope you and your family are having a good week and weekend, together and a super meal/feed. Bill K :D
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

For anyone that's interested in the Zmax bullets we will be carrying them. It looks like they will be available for sale in approximately 2-3 weeks if Hornady doesn't hold them back. I plan to have them in 17 & 20 caliber. I don't have a solid price just yet, however i can tell you that we will be selling them for less than Midway. Email us if you would like to reserve some: sales@customreloadingtools.com
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

wirelessguy2005 wrote:For anyone that's interested in the Zmax bullets we will be carrying them. It looks like they will be available for sale in approximately 2-3 weeks if Hornady doesn't hold them back. I plan to have them in 17 & 20 caliber. I don't have a solid price just yet, however i can tell you that we will be selling them for less than Midway. Email us if you would like to reserve some: sales@customreloadingtools.com
Can you eat Midway on optics as well...? Looking for a good price on optics for my new baby girl.....LOL
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

I spoke to a tech at Hornady a couple of weeks ago, he said the z-max was exactly the same bullet, except for the bullet tip color. I have seen some good deals on these bullets, but you have to get on a "waiting list". But, good things (and prices) are worth waiting for.
ImageImage
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Pmoper wrote:Can you eat Midway on optics as well...? Looking for a good price on optics for my new baby girl.....LOL
Pmoper: For some great optics prices, check out SWFA in TX and Bruno Shooters Supply in AZ. Them, along with Bear Basin usually have the best inventory with the best prices I've seen so far and are great to do business with.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/ ... de=leupold

These places easily beat Midway on pricing.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

wirelessguy2005

We are currently in the process of adding a Top Of The Line optics manufacturer to our list of products. I will have more information available soon.

Thanks,
Brad
Pmoper wrote:
wirelessguy2005 wrote:For anyone that's interested in the Zmax bullets we will be carrying them. It looks like they will be available for sale in approximately 2-3 weeks if Hornady doesn't hold them back. I plan to have them in 17 & 20 caliber. I don't have a solid price just yet, however i can tell you that we will be selling them for less than Midway. Email us if you would like to reserve some: sales@customreloadingtools.com
Can you eat Midway on optics as well...? Looking for a good price on optics for my new baby girl.....LOL
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

+1 on SWFA!
wirelessguy2005

We added two new optics lines to our website today. The companies aren't common names in the Industry, however they offer excellent quality products for a reasonable price. The first company we added was Hawke Sport Optics. They are based out of the UK and their US distribution center is only 45 minutes from our shop. They have a great quality mid price point scope line that we are carrying. Their optics were completely redesigned last year and they offer some very nice stuff. In addition we have also added Clearidge Optics to our lineup. They are based in Michigan and their scopes are built by Light Optic Works in Japan. According to my sources Light Optic Works builds many of the scopes that we see on the market today including the Bushnell Elite 6500 line among many others. They offer a top notch product at a reasonable price. Email or call us for details. Sales@customreloadingtools.com Phone: 260-225-4400

Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC
Pmoper wrote:
wirelessguy2005

I received an update on Friday that the Zmax bullets were at least 30 days or more from being released.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

wirelessguy2005 wrote:I received an update on Friday that the Zmax bullets were at least 30 days or more from being released.
Any idea on what price you will offer them at? In lots of 500. I would be interested in the 32 grain .20's. Thank you Bill K