PRVI Brass

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
KIM204
.204 Ruger Guns: kimber pro varmint 204 ruger

PRVI Brass

Post by KIM204 »

Has anyone used prvi partizan brass for reloading. It looks to be good brass. They anneal all of they brass that I seen. :?:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: PRVI Brass

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Kim - Haven't used it myself, but it's got a decent reputation for quality from what I've seen from guys using it over on Saubier.com Small Caliber site.

I'll add that virtually all rifle brass is annealed at the factory. Most of our domestic brass has the annealing marks polished off, as it's perceived that shooters want 'shiny' brass. Most euro brass and all our U.S. military brass is not polished after annealing, so the colors of the annealing process are easily visible. My wildcat brass gets annealed prior to fireforming, and after firing is tumbled in a vibratory tumbler prior to reloading; the annealing marks previously visible are then polished off and cannot be seen from that point on.

Some 17 Mach IV fireform loads (from R-P 221FB brass) on the bench during a recent rat shoot that still show the annealing marks;

One trip through the tumbler and it looks like factory-fresh brass, all nice 'n shiny with barely any traces of the annealing process.

How's that Kimber 204 treating you? :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

KIM204
.204 Ruger Guns: kimber pro varmint 204 ruger

Post by KIM204 »

I took that pro-varmint in and traded on a classic like you have I got 66 fps more with the add 2" of barrel. I like the way that it hands too. I'm looking to get same 22-250 of that PRVI brass and play with it.
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Post by Wrangler John »

I bought 500 rounds of .223 Remington from Grafs. It is every bit as good as Winchester, a little better actually, with very consistent neck thicknesses. Didn't need a lot of prep work, just loaded and shot. Its on sale at Grafs for $16.00 per 100 rounds www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/639? if I needed more I'd stock up.