reloading rooms/benches

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
fishy
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Re: reloading rooms/benches

Post by fishy »

Here is my first attemp at posting photos to this forum. I hope this works.

I know the room is a little of a mess right now, I really just need to get some cleaning done. I also have a little more work to the table I would like to get done, a 3 and 5 year old will keep ya from getting some of those small projects done though.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

That's a beautiful piece of wood Trent. What is it, rosewood?
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

Tokimini wrote:That's a beautiful piece of wood Trent. What is it, rosewood?
It is an unknown variety of walnut. I'm thinking Claro. It's got some nice burl in the forearm. A buddy of mine found this wood in the back of an old salvage car. If I had to guess I would say that the wood is 30+ years old. It looked like heck on the outside. You would have never guessed what was hiding underneath the rough cracked exterior of the wood.

I did put a rosewood grip cap on it though.

Glass bedded it last night and popped it out this morning. Looks good. Should be ready to start getting some Pilkington's finish on it by the end of the week. Can't wait to see what it looks like with finish on it. I'll post a thread with photos.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

Here is the bench my son and I just built with my Remington 700SPS in 204 Ruger sitting on it. We rabbeted all the joints so it's rock solid. We're loading for my gun and my son's Savage in 300WSM.

The Reloader
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington SPS Varmit

Post by The Reloader »

I Live in a really old house And It was a real pain to build a table cuz I could not do it square since the corner angle is about 78 degrees. I decided to build a permanent one which is affixed to the wall with a ledger which is screws into the studs . Its Super Strong with 4X4's legs screwed to floor Wrapped in 2X4 and birch finish. There are 2X4 supports underneath which all my equipment in bolted down through including the tumbler. The Pine boards on the wall are only in that section of the room to make it a more Cabin feeling. There is also florescent work lights above but had to keep them off for picture. The cabinet you see is where I keep all the small expensive tools and powder and i can also keep it locked. It Took me about 3 hours of work without the finish and i believe about $250 for supplies.