WS2

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Clover_Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR100

WS2

Post by Clover_Shooter »

I've coated many .204 bullets with WS2, with good results.

I just got me a Savage 12 LRP in 260 Remington. When coating these 6.5mm bullets with WS2, I beleive that they are coming out a little rough... Is this from too many bullets and not enough BB's! I was also thinking maybe I vibrated them too long (vibrating tumbler) or maybe shape of container or too full, maybe different bullet jacket... I don't know! I did't have this problem with the .204.

Also I was coating 140 Amax's.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: WS2

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I've always used a rotary tumbler, and used 3/16" dia. steel burnishing balls, and used equal weight balls to bullets. I usually coat 200 bullets at a time in a RCBS Sidewinder Tumbler. One drum for WS2 and the balls, one lined with newspaper for a 5 minute polishing after coating. Have done it that way for about 15 years or so now, bullets always come out smooth and shiny.

Some .17 Mach IV's loaded with WS2 coated Berger 25gr HP's:

A vibratory tumbler works well too, just try equal weight balls/bullets next time around. :D

HTH
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Clover_Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR100

Re: WS2

Post by Clover_Shooter »

Thanks RIO,
I have been using a small cylindrical cantainer, about 2.5" dia x 4" long inside the vibritory tumbler. I had about the right ratio for a box of .204 35gr Bergers, but not 6.5mm 140gr Amax's. I only did about 1/3 box of the 6.5's. Man them 6.5's is long. I got plenty of BB's, but maybe I need the stainless steel kind! I don't have a seperate tumbler, so maybe another container with corn cob media in it for polishing! I did like the WS2 process for the .204 and had good results but for one box of the 6.5's I would need two or three containers to put the WS2 on and two or three more to polish them.