reloading rooms/benches

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

reloading rooms/benches

Post by ryutzy »

Lets see those reloading rooms! I like to see others reloading areas as it gives me ideas as how to improve my own. Here is my newly finished room. AKA my Mancave as my wife calls it! LOL I keep all my dies, bullets, tools, etc in the cabinets and drawers. I keep my powder and primers in the house for the controlled environment until Im ready to load it. This is a room I put in my garage. The other side (not pictured) I built floor to ceiling shelving units for misc hunting stuff. As you can see I still need to get a more comfortable chair.

It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Re: reloading rooms/benches

Post by Trent »

My reloading bench is a heavy desk about 3' x 6'. Screwed it to the wall with L-brackets. Very solid.

I probably need to clean it off before taking photos. Here it is doing double duty as a stock building bench as well. I've been carving on that stick of wood for a couple months now. At least I vacuumed off all the wood shavings. :mrgreen: (I'll be glad when that stock is done)

ryutzy

Post by ryutzy »

Thats a beautiful stock. 204 Ruger? I used triangular brackets for my bench also. ROCK solid. I could jump up and down on it and it wouldn't budge. I used the brackets because I wanted legroom as well as storage space underneath. I will have to make more shelves for my cabinets as I have filled them up fast. Space is always hard to come by it seems.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Trent

Post by Trent »

That is my 7-08 silhouette rifle. I debated mounting my .204 in the stock but decided against it. The wood is too pretty for a field gun. My 7-08 lives it's life on the firing line or in a gun rack waiting to be shot so the stock can be handled with care. I can't wait to get some finish on it. In that photo I just rubbed it down with mineral spirits.

Had you thought about doing pegboard underneath your cabinets? I love peg board. It allows me to organize a lot of the small stuff and keep a lot of it in it's original packaging. I do the same thing at my fly tying bench. It's like a miniature gun shop / fly shop. :)

Check out this page for some super nice loading rooms (and some not so great). http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=211233
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Post by Vartarg »

I've recently "reorganized" my reloading space. In addition to a small bench where I have a vise and a Hornady single stage press attached, I bought four unpainted cabinets and covered them with a 60" counter top from Home Depot. I also added a large cabinet, where I keep powder, primer, bullets, scopes and gun parts. It's still a work in progress, but a huge improvement over my previous setup. Here are two photos:

PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
callaojoe
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT

Post by callaojoe »

Couple pics of one of my favorite places to chill out..... :D
When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms
with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?" -- Steven Wright
ryutzy

Post by ryutzy »

Trent--I have thought about it. I might do that. I have room for all my stuff so far but space is filling up fast. I enjoy hanging my paper targets with my load data on that space between the worktop and cabinets. None there currently as my summer load testing has not started yet. lol
Neil S.
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Neil S. »

Heres my new portable reloading bench:

Yup, right at the foot of my bed in my little appartment. Now when I'm away at college I can get all my cases loaded in anticipation for summer! :D
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Trent wrote:My reloading bench is a heavy desk about 3' x 6'. Screwed it to the wall with L-brackets. Very solid.

I probably need to clean it off before taking photos. Here it is doing double duty as a stock building bench as well. I've been carving on that stick of wood for a couple months now. At least I vacuumed off all the wood shavings. :mrgreen: (I'll be glad when that stock is done)

I can't believe it!!!!!!! I've let this go long enough guys!! I found the dollar!! Is it mine now?? :wink:

Those are some nice setups for sure. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Trent

Post by Trent »

Is that an old Lee Challenger press?

It's all fun and games until your lady takes a knock to the head from the powder measure! :eek: :mrgreen:
Trent

Post by Trent »

Glen wrote:I can't believe it!!!!!!! I've let this go long enough guys!! I found the dollar!! Is it mine now?? :wink:

Those are some nice setups for sure. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm amazed you found anything in that photo! Heck, it took me a minute to find the dollar!! That is not really a dollar though... it is a "barrel float gauge". :mrgreen:
Glen

Post by Glen »

:wall: I thought I made a buck today!! :cry:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Trent

Post by Trent »

Glen wrote::wall: I thought I made a buck today!! :cry:
I'll send you the buck... but it's going to cost you 4.95 Shipping and Handling. :mrgreen:
Glen

Post by Glen »

:lmao: :lmao: You can keep it Trent. The gubment would just take 1/2 of it anyway. :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

When I get back to Nebraska, I will take a picture of the reloading room now....and hopefully in a couple weeks...the AFTER photos. :)

Couple of good items to be on the lookout for.....

Large "Sauder" brand cabinets - used for clothes closets. Just add shelves - but screw through the sides of the cabinet and into the shelves - makes them sturdy. Don't buy new...cruise the garage sales on occasion.

Hotel cabinets - those 2.5 foot tall four drawer models - about six or eight feet long. Stack them three high...and screw them together. Make VERY good storage for brass, etc, etc.