CHECK WEIGHTS

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

CHECK WEIGHTS

Post by kenbrofox »

Hi all, I've just bought some check weights (60.5gr total) and when i set my mechanical scales with say, 6.5 grs value of weights and get the pointer to settle in the correct place, if i then add another 20grs value of weights, and re-adjust the scales the pointer dosen't settle in the same place. Are check weights always right? Or could my new (cheap) Lee scales be faulty. Any ideas anyone.Thanks, Ken. :doh:
' Pay it forward buddy '
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: CHECK WEIGHTS

Post by acloco »

Time to buy a new scale.

Specific gravity of the check weights did not change....the only item that changed...your scale does not repeat reliably.
kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

acloco,thanks for that.It seems to make a difference to the reading,where in the pan i place the check weights.Anyway i'm taking your advise and investing in a more expensive set. Cheers,Ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
cracker

Post by cracker »

dumb the lee scale, while I do have some lee equipment and find it to work well their safty scale worries me. How can they call it a safty scale when my new out of the box scale was reading under wieght by about 15%. if I would have not caught this fact I would have started with min loads and accualy been over max at 15%.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

kenbrofox--too bad you live across the ocean. I have an RCBS 10-10 scale for sale which should take care of your need for an accurate scale.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Thanks all, i should have known when i bought this stuff (full reload kit $225) it would be poo quality. It's the very first reloading equip.i ever bought and i've learned the lesson. Silverfox, thats the story of my life, always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Never mind,father Christmas knows i need a scale so i will be ok. Regards, Ken. :D
' Pay it forward buddy '