B&C stocks

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Lee C.

Re: B&C stocks

Post by Lee C. »

Ok guy's I had time to put the new stock on my 12fv action yesterday from B&C. It was a little rough from were they painted. So I sanded that and it was a little tight in some spots around the action. I think it was just the paint as i never went through it at all. But now I can run a pice of paper all the way around between the action and stock. But here is where i'm haveing trouble now.

I snug the bolt down just alittle by the trigger. Then when i snug the other one. It pulls the stock off center to the right side of the stock. I can run a doller all the way down to the barrel nut yet with no trouble at all. But it just dosen't look good that way and I'd like to fix it. It looks like it will be awhile befor I can get out to shoot with all the snow we have around here. But if any one has any suggestion's on how I can get the barrel centerd in the stock. I would like to here them. Or would it be just as good to sand the barrel channel out a little and call it good?

As for the looks and feel of the stock I like it. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I'm presuming you got the Duramaxx? If so, you can chisel out a bit on the LEFT side of the recoil lug recess and try to straighten it up that way, or glass bed it, which will require the same thing. It could be that the recoil lug itself is bowed, since it's a stamping. B&C doesn't recommend glassing unless it really needs it, but I think they're off base there a bit.
Removing a bit of the right side of the barrel channel won't hurt any, one of mine needs it, too, I just haven't gotten to it yet. :oops:
If you decide to glass it in, wrap a bit of tape around the barrel down the forearm a ways, to keep it centered in the channel. That's truly the best way to get it done and straight.
Brownell's Acra-Glas Gel is probably the easiest method, but the kits sold by Midway work well enough. Brownell's kit has excellent instructions, the Midway kit isn't quite as good there. I use paste wax (Johnson's) for a release agent, a can will last forever and a week.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Sorry Glenn, This is the medalist gray with black web stock. Thanks for your reply about the stock. I'l try to open that spot by the lug to see what happens with it. Thanks agine Lee,
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Just got a B & C medalist tactical from Shooters Disc. Very impressed.....it is for my Rem 700 in 204 Ruger. I had to remove some stock material in the barrel channel to free float the barrel. 1st group w/ 40 Bergers.261 for 5 shots, 2nd group w/ 40 hornady a-max was .241 for 5 shots, all at 100 yrds.
The shock is a little on the heavy side 5 lbs............but off a bench and bags you stay right on target and point of aim.
Later
Ray P :mrgreen:
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Good for you Ray, I haven't been able to get out to shoot my 12fv yet with the B&C medalist stock on it. To much cold and snow around here yet.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

When do we get to see the stock? You know we like pictures. You have my curiousity peaked.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

Got pics...........Rem 700 in 204 Ruger w/ B&C tactical stock

Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Nice, very nice. Nice looking group too. You did good.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

Skipper............thanks for the kind words..........Holding on my red dot my impact point shiffed left coming out of my H-S stock, elevation stayed the same.
I dialed to my 1st bullet hole and the other 4 were right their. Yep gota love this little 204.
Enjoy!!
Later
Ray P
Ahab
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender Hvy. barrel, Savage 112

Post by Ahab »

Great picts RayP!
NRA Endowment
Arizona Antelope Foundation
Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Ray,

WOW! Awesome looking setup! You got a great deal on that scope. Looks like it will shoot as well.

Well done!

WW
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

WrzWaldo............. Thanks for enjoying the pics...........yep it came together.
I liked it so much I ordered a 2nd in green and black web...........Next project gun.............I got a Rem 700SA in 6mm rem. It has a shilen 1.5 bull barrel on I bought used and the throat is gone. Re-barrel with 1-8 30" Hart in .243cal and put it back as 6mm Rem!
Later and thanks!
Ray P :lol: