My Plan....

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

My Plan....

Post by the_right_reverend »

This Beauty was Liberated from the Camp Lejeune Sporting Goods section of the Base exchange.... :wink:

Model 12F/TR – with target AccuTrigger in 308
http://www.savagearms.com/12FTR.htm
Savage Arms 12FTR Precision Target Rifle Series

For starters I equipped it with a Nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmasters Matte BDC

The Plan.... Back in the Mid 80's when a Springfield Armory M1A1 Match could be had for $500, :shock: I loaded a few thousand rds of then Match Grade ammo the cases were LC MATCH 81 powder something like 44 gr IMR 4064 and CCI 250 Large Rifle and capped with a Sierra 168 BTHP. At the time this was a great load for the M1A1. The ammo has been stored in ammo cans in the back of the garage and show no signs of deterioration except a little tarnish...

What do we think about fire forming these cases for practice and reloading with Nosler 30 Cal. 125 Gr. Spitzer Ballistic Tip or Hornady 30 CAL 110 GR V-MAX :wtg: :wtg: or Speer Speer TNT, 125 Grain Hollow Point ......

or is it time to break out the bullet puller???? :wall:

**I know the lp rear mount is backwards thats the only way I could get the over sized bolt handle open :( :( should have read the reviews at Midway first :wall:
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Re: My Plan....

Post by Va varminter »

Great looking gun. I had a mod.10 tactical in 308 a few years ago. It really shot the heavy stuff good. The lighter stuff, not as good. But it had a fast twist. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. As for the ammo, I would be a little scared to shoot it.
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

right rev: As long as that 308 ammo has not seen temperature extremes either way, it should be fine to shoot. I'm still shooting up a bunch of 1958 LC '06 Match that has been stored in sealed cans like yours, and it still shoots very well indeed with no adverse effects at all.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Post by the_right_reverend »

they worked just fine!! :D still very accurate, nice groups....... no signs of over pressure, still right on...... Had a batch of headstamp TW 68 loaded to the same that a couple of the younger Marines tried in thier Springfield SOCOMMII's they were impressed :D with the groups they held with them over the groups they got with Wolf and American Eagle.....

NOTE....Just one individuals experience ........ rounds were stored at a almost constant temperature and moved maybe one time 20 years.... :shock: (one side of the cabinet to the other side)
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image