ws2 test

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Lee C.

ws2 test

Post by Lee C. »

I did a powder test useing ws2 on 40gr. berger bullets last sunday. I was useing benchmark powder. And shoot 7, 3 shoot groups. Ive always had a flyer now and then. But this time not one flyer i did pull one shoot but it was just me. I got the 40gr. bullets from WrzWaldo with the ws2 on them. to see if that would help out in my 12fv 204. To say i'm happy with this ws2 dosen't even come close. Doing every thing the same way when loading the rounds. I found the bullets went in the cases easyer witch i think helps . And after shooting the 21 rounds I could see no powder fouling yet at all. I'm not going to clean the barrel tell i see the accuracy goes away. To see how meany round i can shoot be for haven to clean it. This is the first time useing the ws2 and i'l be useing it from now on.
Thank you WrzWaldo very much for your work on this so we could try the ws2 out.
Singleshot

Re: ws2 test

Post by Singleshot »

Lee; Glad to hear that the WS-2 is making a difference. I just bought a couple of ounces from Waldo and am waiting for it to show up in the mail so I can try it on some Berger 35 grainers. I am getting tired of cleaning copper fouling out of the Savage Model 12. About 15 - 20 rounds down the barrel and point of impact shifts. Cost me three magpies over the weekend.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Lee C. wrote: Thank you WrzWaldo very much for your work on this so we could try the ws2 out.
I don't want to take credit for the legwork, I just picked up the pieces and packaged them up. I thought offering coated bullets may give more folks a chance to try WS2 without having to go through the initial hassles of getting started. I know I will most likely never shoot another naked bullet in my 204 Ruger and 17 RFB.

Thanks for the kind words!

KO
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Lee - I am going to do the same test as you. If the accuracy is still going, I am going to keep coating and shooting until the accuracy goes away.

Will be doing a portion of my powder/bullet test - the ones that showed the greatest accuracy potential - but with coated bullets.

Already planned the next test as well, after shooting the above test over the Pact, will probably be pushing the bullets a little faster (still under max load).
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Singleshot, Thats pretty much the same reson i wanted to try the ws2. As my 12fv gets alot of copper fouling too. I've been useing moly bullets in my 22-250. But if this ws2 keeps working the way i think it is going I'll be switching the 22-250 over ws2 too. acloco, The coated bullets are pretty consistent I think. Out of 7 groups 4 where in the .2s, two where in the .3s, And the first one out of a clean barrle in the .4s. The two best where 25.0 grs. of benchmark with a .201 group size and one with 25.7 max load with no pressure problems and a group size of .224. Witch is pretty good shooting for me. I loaded some more to day to try out just to make sure of things. This ws2 sure help in my gun i hope it well do the same for you guys. Good luck
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

'Waldo I was wondering if a rifle has to be seasoned with the WS-2 or does the barrel have to be mopped with it before using the coated bullets? :?:
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

hozz57 wrote:'Waldo I was wondering if a rifle has to be seasoned with the WS-2 or does the barrel have to be mopped with it before using the coated bullets? :?:
It is best to mop the barrel. I did see improvements in a dry bore, but a pre-treatment (very simple) provides much better results. I use a 17 cal patch (with a 17 cal jag) wetted with an alcohol / WS2 solution (2 passes), let it dry, and then a single pass with a dry 17 cal patch (save these patches for re-use).

WW