Powder shelf life

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

WT, I stopped shooting in 1989. At that time I sold my personal pistols and turned in the rest to my sponsor. I for the life of me I cannot remember the charge for the 200 gr. with 452. Sorry don't want to guess at it.
WT

Post by WT »

WHISTLEPIG wrote:WT, I stopped shooting in 1989. At that time I sold my personal pistols and turned in the rest to my sponsor. I for the life of me I cannot remember the charge for the 200 gr. with 452. Sorry don't want to guess at it.
Thanks for the reply! ;) I'll have to check my manuals, I'm sure I can find some info.
Wayne,

"Aim low boys, they're ridin' Shetlands"
NRA Life Member 30+ Years
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

I think I'm still a lil cornfused. So is the WW230, or 231 for that matter, a shotshell powder? I'm not 100% sure that what is over at the Ace is 230 but I know it says "shotshell powder" on it. I will go buy it if you guys like it in the ACP. Its just strange because I'm sure that my Ace Hardware store was a farmers field or something way later than '75. It could be a MUTE point.(HAHA I know its MOOT) Maybe its not even 230,or was it 231????!!!!! LOL
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
WT

Post by WT »

Rugerdogdog wrote:I think I'm still a lil cornfused. So is the WW230, or 231 for that matter, a shotshell powder?
Well, technically speaking, I guess you could call it a "shotshell powder", but so is Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, Clays, Universal, 700-x, 800x, etc. and all of these can be used in handgun loads. All of these powders are in the same general area of powder burn rates. If you browse through the various reloading manuals, you'll see what I mean. If you don't have a collection of manuals, you can go to the powder manufacturer's web sites and request free manuals. They are somewhat limited in data, but are still good references. :) Just remember to follow the manual recommendations and reference at least two sources for a particular load in case there is a typo error. This is not the time to "just wing it!" :)
Wayne,

"Aim low boys, they're ridin' Shetlands"
NRA Life Member 30+ Years